Top Job Search Sites for Job Research & Job Hunting
Whether you’re looking for a job after graduation, searching for an entirely new job opportunity, changing careers, or looking to return to the workforce after having some time away, it’s critical to conduct job research. Conducting job research allows you to optimize your resume and perform better at the job interview with more knowledge of the industry, profession, and the company.
Fortunately, there are numerous online resources available to help you learn and gather the information you need to succeed when applying for a job and interviewing with companies. The more informed you are, the greater success you’ll have in your job hunt effort.
Below are some of the top job search sites to help you with your job hunting endeavors:
GENERAL JOB SEARCH SITES
Many job search sites today do more than simply inform you about job openings. They offer insider information to help you succeed. Do you ever think about what it’s really like to work for a company, how they treat their employees, how the interview process is run, or what you should expect in terms of salary when a job offer is extended? Below are some of the job search sites to help you with that:
- Quintessential Careers: Whether you’re a student, career changer, or job seeker continuing a career path, this one-stop source has you covered on company information, job openings, and helpful resources and tips to succeed in your career.
- Job-Hunt.org: For a smarter job search, this is where you need to be. Find expert advice on everything from job searching, interviewing, to even job scams to avoid.
- Glassdoor: Find reviews on employers that offer valuable insight to help you determine if it’s a place you want to apply to and work at. Review helpful information to prepare you through all stages of the job search process.
- Indeed: Whether you’re searching for a job locally or globally, this site consolidates it all into one place for you.
- Vault: It’s your reliable source to research companies, get career advice, and find job opportunities.
- Wetfeet: Get insider answers to help land your dream job.
- Ladders: For the high-level executives earning $100,000+, it’s the career site to help you move up in your career.
USING SOCIAL MEDIA TO JOB SEARCH
Social media has become part of our everyday life and companies know it! Not only is social media used for staying connected with contacts, but it’s become an opportunity to expand the reach on how information goes out. Every day, there are companies posting about new job opportunities on social media and recruiters just as well are relying on it to source the right talent for the job. Review how you can be using social media to help with job searching:
- What Job Seekers Need to Know about LinkedIn’s Open Candidates Function
- Facebook Jobs: A New Outlet for Job Hunting
- Changing the Online Job Search Experience with Google for Jobs
FOR UP-AND-COMING PROFESSIONALS
New college graduates and up-and-coming professionals have a strong drive to succeed in the professional world. Finding an entry-level position is just the starting point. Know where to find the information and resources you need to succeed at job hunting:
FOR THOSE OVER 50
Many of today’s workers are working longer and postponing retirement. Whether it’s because it makes financial sense or it’s a matter of personal desire to stay active in the profession, online resources are available to help those over 50 seek employment. Review our tips and the compilation of job boards available for those over 50:
Veterans and service members of the U.S. military are full of skills and talent that the civilian workforce can benefit from. Making the transition and transferring what you know to the business world may not always come with ease, but resources are available to help make it happen:
About Jobs offers resume writing and career consulting services. Our certified professional resume writers with decades of recruiting and job search experience works one-on-one with each client. We believe in getting to know our customers and delivering an attention-grabbing resume to put in front of today’s hiring managers. Contact us today and we’ll help you build a personal brand you believe in. Visit us at GotTheJob.com, on LinkedIn, or on Facebook.